Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation: Propulmão Mobile Project
This project will offer low-dose computer tomography to high-risk populations for lung cancer to improve access to lung cancer diagnosis and prevention in the Northeast region of Brazil.
SEE ALL PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
This project will offer low-dose computer tomography to high-risk populations for lung cancer to improve access to lung cancer diagnosis and prevention in the Northeast region of Brazil. The Prompulmão Mobile Project aims to deliver coordinated care for best practices on lung cancer screening, diagnosis, and disease management for the Brazilian public and will leverage learnings of other successful global lung cancer programs and adapt them in Latin America.
Results and milestones
- Capacity development in Primary Healthcare professional: tranining workshops conducted with 45 HCPs trained to date
- Development of New Rapid Diagnostic Pathway: 2 Red Flag Protocols and decision tree developed for lung cancer and melanoma. 1 app in development for use in basic health units connecting HCPs to specialists, for identification and flagging of priority patients.
- Patient navigation programs developed for lung cancer and melanoma
- Non-communicable Diseases
SGDs the partnership contributes to
- 3.4: NCDs (including mental health)
- 3.8: Achieve universal health coverage
Senai Cimatec, SDS Healthline
Bristol Myers Squibb Foundation
- Lung Cancer