Centro Internacional de Entrenamiento e Investigaciones Médicas – CIDEIM
Feasibility and Usability of mobile applications for monitoring cutaneous leishmaniasis treatment in Colombia.
SEE ALL PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
- To evaluate the impact of a mobile app on the follow-up of patients treated for cutaneous Leishmaniasis in rural areas in Colombia.
We propose to evaluate the feasibility, usability and effectiveness of mobile health applications (mHealth) for Android devices that will help community health workers (CHW) and public health personnel in the monitoring, of treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis in the endemic areas of Colombia. One pilot sub study will be of project managers’ assessment of implementation factors such as viability and acceptability. In digital health, the results of such studies are generally used to inform decisions that seek scalability.
Our hypothesis is that the use of low-cost technology and open source software will significantly benefit patient care, empower and train community health workers, and inform public health decisions and the deployment of resources.
- Infectious and Parasitic Disease
- Rural populations
SGDs the partnership contributes to
- 3.3: Communicable Diseases & NTDs
- 3.8: Achieve universal health coverage
Infectious and Parasitic Disease
- Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs)