- To demonstrate the feasibility and acceptability of reaching this population with HPV vaccine and as a model for reaching other similar populations.
MSD* worked with CerviCusco, Direct Relief and the Peru Ministry of Health on an HPV vaccination program in Cusco, Peru. CerviCusco is a clinic for specialized medical care in the prevention and detection of cervical cancer in women from the underserved mountainous region of Cusco. As of early 2018, CerviCusco had nearly completed vaccinating an expected total of over 30,000 persons with GARDASIL® [Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 18) Vaccine, Recombinant].
*MSD is known as Merck & Co., Inc. in the United States & Canada
- Non-communicable Diseases
- Vaccine preventable disease
- Rural populations
SGDs the partnership contributes to
- 3.3: Communicable Diseases & NTDs
- 3.4: NCDs (including mental health)
- 3.8: Achieve universal health coverage
- Cervical Cancer