Strengthening of the Vaccine Supply Chain in Gavi-eligible Countries
MSD is working with IFPW Foundation to support, strengthen, and bring innovation to the vaccine supply chain in Gavi-eligible countries.
SEE ALL PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
In 2021, MSD began a five-year collaboration with IFPW Foundation, the charitable and educational arm of the International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers (IFPW), to support, strengthen, and bring innovation to the vaccine supply chain in Gavi-eligible countries. In close collaboration with Gavi, The Vaccine Alliance, the partners will help galvanize efforts and catalyze other potential private-sector partners to join forces in providing financial and technical support to strengthen immunization supply chain initiatives within Gavi countries.
The focus is on three pillars:
- 1. The Gavi STEP program to build leadership capacity of supply chain managers
- 2. Optimization and redesign of supply chain systems to leverage digital and technological innovations to improve vaccines management and access
- 3. Innovation support to accelerate development of promising new approaches to supply chain management, which ultimately improve access to essential medicines and vaccines.
MSD’s contribution to each of these pillars will be through in-kind technical expertise and financial support.
- Global Commitment
- Infectious and Parasitic Disease
SGDs the partnership contributes to
- 3.3: Communicable Diseases & NTDs
- 3.8: Achieve universal health coverage
International Federation of Pharmaceutical Wholesalers (IFPW)
Infectious and Parasitic Disease
- Haemophilus Influenzae type b (Hib)
- Yellow Fever
- Human Papillomavirus
- Paratyphoid Fever
- Meningococcal A, C, W, Y
- Pneumococcal Disease
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Hepatitis B
- Other Infectious and Parasitic Disease