ViiV Healthcare: The HER Voice Fund
Giving adolescent girls and young women a voice in decisions that affect their health
SEE ALL PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
- Support the meaningful engagement of adolescent girls and young women in relevant Global Fund and other national, provincial and district level processes in order to contribute more directly to the decisions that affect their lives.
The HER (HIV Epidemic Response) Voice Fund is implemented by the Global Network of Young People Living with HIV (Y+ Global), supports adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) to have a meaningful voice in decisions that affect their lives. The HER Voice Fund is funded and supported by ViiV Healthcare* Positive Action and the Global Fund.
Launched in recognition of the vital role of AGYW in driving and shaping the HIV response, the fund provides small grants to these groups across 13 countries (Botswana, Cameroon, Eswatini, Lesotho, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe and Zambia) to facilitate participation in policy and decision-making processes. Positive Action provided a second year of funding to support organisations working to improve AGYW and young people’s health including training, mentoring and engagement across policy and advocacy.1,2
Since 2019, the HER Voice Fund has already supported over 34,000 adolescent girls and young women affected by HIV.
Each priority country has a HER Voice Country-Lead organisation responsible for coordinating Voice Fund activities and a HER Voice Fund Ambassador, who works closely with country-leads and represents the fund in meetings and media opportunities.
*ViiV Healthcare is the only global biopharmaceutical company 100% focused on combating, preventing, and ultimately curing HIV and ending AIDS as a public health threat by 2030. Our shared purpose is to unite science, talent, and technology, to get ahead of a leading chronic and infectious disease for greater health impact. We were established in November 2009, through a science-led partnership between GSK (our majority shareholder) and Pfizer; with Shionogi joining in 2012. We are dedicated to researching and delivering innovative HIV medicines and solutions with an ambition to make HIV a smaller part of people’s lives. In addition, we work in solidarity with HIV communities across the globe, this includes people living with HIV and diverse communities vulnerable to HIV transmission. We collaborate to build multisector partnerships which seek to accelerate progress aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals to leave no person living with HIV behind.
1. HER Voice Fund. Available from Positive Action Progress Report 2020-21. Available from https://viivhealthcare.com/content/dam/cf- viiv/viivhealthcare/en_GB/test/downloads/ViiV_PositiveAction_ProgressReport_.pdf. Last accessed: July 2022.
2. Y Plus Global. Her Voice Fund. Available from. https://www.yplusglobal.org/her-voice-fund-about.html. Last accessed: July 2022.
"The future of these fragile communities depends on the health and well-being of young women. Were aiming to stop the cycle of HIV transmission by working to ensure that adolescents have the tools to stay HIV-free and manage their status."
- Global Commitment
- Infectious and Parasitic Disease
SGDs the partnership contributes to
- 3.3: Communicable diseases and NTDs
- 3.8: Achieve universal health coverage
Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria
Global Network of Young People Living with HIV (Y+ Global)
Infectious and Parasitic Disease