Because one-third of the world’s population does not have access to quality healthcare solutions, Sanofi is committed to exploring ways to ensure patients get the treatments they need and improving their quality of life.
As a health journey partner, Sanofi focus on one objective: improving access to healthcare and high-quality medications and vaccines for underserved populations in our ﬁelds of expertise by:
- Serving the needs of patients with non-communicable diseases
- Contributing to the eradication, elimination and control of some infectious diseases
- Fighting against falsified medicines
Improving access to healthcare requires tackling various barriers. It means innovating to address unmet medical needs and develop new solutions to bring healthcare to patients, ensuring that the conditions are in place in terms of production, supply chain and market access, to make the products and treatments available to patients. It also means building capacity and awareness for stronger healthcare systems. Finally, improving the affordability of products, treatments and related services is also crucial.
In that regard, Sanofi has prioritized three types of activities:
- Developing innovative medicines and vaccines or solutions through innovation, and research and development
- Developing new business and affordability models
- Strengthening healthcare systems